1407 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA, 94110
Lat, Long: 37.75025, -122.42045
By APPOINTMENT ONLY
Tuesday - Saturday
Closed: Sundays & Mondays
as well as:
*Home Movie Day: Saturday,
Tel.: 415-558-8815 • eMail:
Join Movette for Home Movie Day at ATA
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm: Bring your films for projection
- 1:30pm to 4:00pm: Home Movie Screening
Don't let your movies decay - don't throw them away - take them to Home Movie Day!
Home Movie Day (established 2002) is a world-wide celebration of amateur films and filmmaking where you are invited to share films from your family with your community.
Bring your own 16mm, Regular-8mm, and Super 8mm films between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. to be included in the program.
All films will be inspected and prepped for safe projection before being loaded onto our well maintained projectors, so if you would like to see your films up on the big screen bring them early. If you aren't able to get to ATA early on Saturday 10/16, but want to see your film at the screening, you can make an appointment to drop off one or two reels at Movette from 09/25/2021 through 10/15/2021, but they must be picked up at ATA on 10/16/2021 by 4pm.
Here are some titles that we love to turn to at Movette.
- "Home Movies: A History of the American Industry, 1897-1979" by Alan D. Kattelle
- "Reel Families: A Social History of Amateur Film" by Patricia R. Zimmermann
- "Mining the Home Movie: Excavations in History and Memory" by Karen L. Ishizuka and Patricia R. Zimmerann
- "Amateur Cinema: The Rise of North American Movie-Making 1923-1960" by Charles Tepperman
- "amateur filmmaking: the home movie, the archive, the web" edited by Laura Rascaroli and Gwenda Young with Barry Monahan
- "ACL Movie Book: A Guide to Making Better Movies" - Amateur Cinema League
Here are some useful web resources for home movie interests.